Saturday, April 30, 2011

Linkin Park and Iron Chef you have stolen my heart yet again.

 For one, I love food.  It is like the most amazing thing every when properly made.  I wish I could be a judge on Iron Chef America.  My mouth is just watering right now and I dont care who wins.

I love making food for my family.  I love finding new recipes and trying them out.  I love eating something new and I just freaking love food.  My presentations might not be the best, but who cares.  If there is one thing I have learned, food often taste better then it looks and coming from someone who judges things upon their looks, that is saying a whole lot.  I think my favorite things to make though is the main course.  I mean I'm good at making cakes and cookies, but I'm really the main course kind of girl.  And I have recently learned that I can go from being a grill master (thank you father) to being a grill master minus the grill plus the cast iron.  Yup, hot dogs, hamburgers, an steaks you have found a new home in my kitchen, though I do miss the barbecuing  nights.  Anyways, I think I would love to be on a show where all you do is eat food.  Maybe I should be a food critic. 

When my daughter was still a newborn, she came down with a case of colic.  I sat up during the night with her while she cried and my husband sat staring helpless.  Eventually I got her to calm down and sleep.  I kept my cool the whole time knowing there was really nothing I could do but rock her.  After my husband returned to Iraq, I realized the miracle that is Linkin Park.  I can't really remember how I figured this out, but by singing various Linkin Park songs to my daughter, soothed her to sleep.  In fact one night I spent half the night doing nothing but singing to her.  She was no longer colicky, it was just one of those rare nights where she felt like she needed mommy there.  I still find that I singing "The Little Things Give You Away" calms my dear Monkey even when she is at her crankiest or sickest.  So for that I say thank you Linkin Park for not only being one of my all time favorite Bands, but for also soothing my sweet Monkey when no one else can.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes very well put! I would change Linkin Park to Dave Matthews Band though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freaking love linkin park so amazing...although never thought to sing linkin park to my fussy at times kids lol good idea lol although la roux works for gage sometimes if hes being a butt ill put it on and hell stop and forget just to dance to her :)

    ReplyDelete