Friday, April 8, 2011

Paci's, and the downfall of the goverment. Hand me some wine.





Its by now well known that the government shut down is not going to be averted.  The picture above is of my little Monkey.  It was taken today during nap time.  This precious little girl gave up that pink thing in her mouth at four months.  Over the last few weeks, she has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming bloody murder.  When I pick her up she clings to me for dear life and will only go back to sleep if I lay her in bed with me.  I thought that maybe it was because we were staying at my parents visiting, but she's even done after returning home.  I also noticed that she was walking around with a sippie hanging from her mouth.  She wasn't drinking from it or chewing on, just holding it in her mouth.  I happen to come across some pacis the other day (we kept them because they were good to freeze and use as teethers since we had the soothie ones).  I figured I would see what she thought of it since she use to like to play with them anyways.  So I got the AVENT ones we have and handed it to her.  Sure enough she shoved that sucker in her mouth and would not give it up something she didn't even do when she had one back when she was a tiny baby.  I thought well maybe she just wants it for some reason, I'm sure she'll drop it later and forget all about it.  I was wrong.  She has since then wanted that thing no matter what.  I personally don't see any harm in it right now mainly because of what my mother said, but also because its for a 0-3 month old and I doubt its doing much damage to her teeth.  My mother told me last night when I called her explaining what was up, that she could be picking up on all of the stress that has been going around lately.  With the scare of only getting half a paycheck come the 15th (fact now) and the scare of not getting a pay check come May 1st+ I have been a little over stressed.  Sadly it would seem as if this stress has hit my kid as well.  So while my Monkey continues to soothe herself with a pink devil (that by the way she dropped into the toilet causing me to have to get down another one and have a mini freak out about germs) congress continues to try and come up with a budget plan for a man who is being a bit too picky.  Now I wont put all the blame on him, both sides refusing to budge on certain things as well.  BUT he should have had himself involved in this long before it got to the this point.  He waited until the last possible minute to get involved and that is why most likely the government will shut down tonight at midnight.  I would like to state that when you take over a country its like becoming a parent.  Its your job to do everything within your power to insure that it continues to grow and flourish.  It is not your job to sit around and let in start a downward spiral into hell.  As any good parent knows you don't punish without warrant.  So what did the military and their families do to deserve a HUGE smack in the face? (I would just like to state that I do not support smacking your children in the face.)  Bad parenting man.  And you know kids can only take so much abuse before they start hitting back and to be honest with you, your kids are pretty big in numbers.  You stop paying the boys with guns and their guns tend to turn in a new direction.  I hope for your sake you have a plan for when you kids start hitting back. 

There are very few times that I wish my husband had a different job, but today, and the days following this shut down, I wish he did.  I wish we had enough money to help our friends out who are going to be hurting (just like we are) and that we could all just sit back, poor a nice glass of wine and watch the freak show.

No comments:

Post a Comment