Saturday, April 23, 2011

Art how I miss you so.

I use to love to paint.  I use to paint, and draw with chalk, I use to write poems like it was going out of style and I use to love photography too.  Now, even though I still love those things, I just seem to have either no time to do them or no inspiration for it.  I take pictures of my daughter, some of them turn out wonderful, others just look like a picture a mom took.  When it comes to painting, I haven't picked up  paint brush in over two years.  My chalks are still lying in storage some where along with my old composition notebooks full of half written novels and some pretty heart wrenching poetry. Anyways my whole point to this was I went to Micheal's today to get some yarn so I could practice my crochet techniques on.  Of course I wasn't sure where the yarn was since I hadn't been in there forever and I ended up wondering down the paint isle with Monkey in tow.  I felt a small pit of sadness form in my belly as I realized I had not painted a single picture since before Monkey was born.  Then we found the picture frame isle, which was good because I was able to see what kind of frames I needed for the hallway.  But again a small pit of sadness as I realized my hobby of photography had not been used a whole lot lately.  I do however blame that one on the weather.  Its just been too cold to take Monkey out for a fun photo shoot in the sun.  Eventually we made it to the yarn and that is where I knew I felt what my mother must feel every time she starts a new project.  I was insanely happy and excited.  I even got a new book on things to make.  I plan on making her a jumper with booties and a blanket.  The jumper and blanket both have pockets for a kitty that you also make.  I'm excited and have already started on the blanket.  I'm afraid I'll need some help from my mother on the booties and jumper.  Either way though I'm really excited about!  Even though I may not have the same inspiration as I did before, I now have a new inspiration for new things.  One day when my baby is old enough I might find the writing inspiration that has left me for some time, but for now I will just enjoy making her fun little things she can keep forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment