Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So ball one of yarn for Monkey's new afghan in finished!  I'll have to go and get some more yarn on Friday or Saturday.  I'm pretty excited.  I've never made one by myself and so far so good.  My mom and I both made her a hooded afghan that she loves, but this one will be one that I made on my own!  I think I'll have to have her help me with the boarded though.  I'm doing something a little different with it and well some back up would be nice.

As for moving, the day is approaching quickly.  I'm actually getting a little nervous about a 22 hour car ride with a 1 year old.  She's a horrible car rider, HATES being in her carseat, add in two dogs and well it's gonna be a long 22 hours.  I am however very excited to be moving to a new base.  It will nice to have a fresh start some where new.  I still need to clean out the junk closet and donate some things to Good Will again.  I also really need to organize baby clothes/baby toys.  Thankfully I still have a few weeks left, but between Uncle Newman's birthday this weekend, Mother's Day, and then Monkey's Birthday/going away party, that time is going to just disappear.  OK deep breath before I have a panic attack.

On a better note, it was super warm today.  80 was the high, ever window is open, and the fan it a blowing away.  Poor Sid needs a hair cut so bad shes panting even under the fan.  I might take her this weekend and get it done if they have any openings at Petco.  She sure gonna look weird without any hair!

Welp, I guess thats pretty much it. The boys should be home soon and expecting some dinner (which is still cooking away in the crock pot) so I guess I need to find something else to go with it, as well as figure out to feed the Monkey tonight! 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until you guys are closer to us! Hopefully you can come to Zachary's birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be really cool! I'd say I'll make him an afghan, but then I'll say it and run out of time and well ya lol

    ReplyDelete