Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Let it rain. I'll cowboy up on the Dog.

Monkey "riding" Samantha
So today was a rainy day.  I know the world isn't suppose to end in a flood again, but man is it sure getting close to it.  My hometown is barely staying a float and their was a baby storm that came running threw here a few hours ago.  Had Samantha and Sid following me around and running to Monkey's room for frequent check ups.  Anyways, at some point Monkey decided to cowboy up.  She hopped on Sammy's back and tried to climb up onto the couch to catch the elusive Sidney.  Poor Sammy had no idea what was coming to her.  She just laid there though, sleeping threw most of it until a heel slipped and slammed into her rib cage.  She then decided to hell with this and stood up, with Monkey still sitting on her.  Thankfully she just kind of slid off Samantha's back and there was no painful ending to this one.

After a good time of Samantha riding, then Samantha hunting, Monkey decided she needed her nap 30 minutes early.  OK by me because I was dieing to take a shower.  Thankfully the storm hadn't started at that point otherwise I would have been showering with two dogs.  Afterwards the storm came.  It honestly wasnt that bad, just lots of thunder which is what I am pretty sure woke up the Monkey.  Its funny a loud booming bark outside her door, and she sleeps like a rock, but a little rumble in the sky and she's up.  Anyways Monkey and I ate lunch in the kitchen while Sammy took refuge under the table.  I offered her some uneaten toast with banana but she refused.  Finally though the rain and thunder stopped and I thought we were in the clear.  Sadly however it has started to thunder again.  For now the girls are snoozing (Sam on the floor Sid on the couch) and the Monkey keeps laying down on the floor with her paci and blanket.  I'm sure she needs to take another nap since her first one was only an hour and a half (its usually three hours). 

Haha moment, the tv blasted the warning alarm while Monkey was coming around the corner.  I swear she said "Daaaaang" as she entered the room.  What I really dont get is if she did say it, where did she learn it?  I cant recall the last time I said dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment