Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Monkey is a baby no more plus some yummy food talk.

I love being the mom of a mini toddler.  I love how she walks around, drinks from a sippie, and is starting to feed herself with a spoon.  I love the fact that she will more then likely be potty trained before she's two and how she just learned at this exact moment how to put the stars around the ring.  I love that she talks to me and can answer yes or no.  I love how cute she sounds when she says things like "Diaper Change" or "What's that".  I love how she likes to drink from a straw or cup and how she can bring me things she knows she's not suppose to touch.  I really love her understanding of the word no.  I think it's awesome that I have been able to make her food and give her a huge variety of things to try.  She isn't a picky eater and is willing to try different things.  I love being the mom of a mini Monkey toddler and even though she is tiny, often being mistaken for a preemie, she is still 100% perfect to me.

On to yummy food.  It occurred to me as I was standing in line at Wal Mart Sunday night that we need some new things to eat.  And of course there was a Rachael Ray magazine sitting on the stand just screaming here's your sign.  So I bought it.  Yummy yummy yummy, that is all I have to say.  Yesterday I cooked the boys a wonderful salad considering I did not have much to work with and they loved it.  It was then too that I decided we need more salads and what do I find in the Rachael Ray save the day?  A very yummy and manly salad that I intend to cook for my men.  I bought as much fresh organics as I could find today, made Gracie some very good yogurt, picked up a few other things to make her later in the week.  I am however worried that we will get into a wonderful routine of eating healthy organic foods again only to then move to a place without too many options in the way of organics.  I don't mind driving an hour away once a month, but with a 10 month old (then 13 month old) it will be a little bit on the annoying side of things, not that that will stop me.  Anyways I cant wait for my husband to come home so that way I can make him some very yummy food!  It figures that we would be apart for 2 weeks and 3 days only for me to come home, see him for 2 days, and then he gets shipped out to the field.   

No comments:

Post a Comment