Monday, April 4, 2011

Jet lag's a bitch and Men cant clean.

Oh the joys of jet lag.  Though I do have a wonderful Monkey who seems to love flying and does so great, its still exhausting.  I got up at 2:30 am, left the house at 3, stayed awake the whole car drive, got to the airport around 4:30 then finally boarded my first plane around 6.  Slept for a little while, landed and then waited over 45 minutes for our captain and flight crew to get there.  In fact we were all on the plane before the captain.  Anyways finally got back to New York and had my wonderful husband waiting for me at the gate.  The benefits of the Military.  Still didn't sleep until we got home.  Took about a 30 minute nap then didn't go to bed until a little after 9.  Today monkey and I slept the morning away.  It was actually really nice.  It was of course a rainy day, but not really stormy.  I think the sound of the rain helped to tire out Monkey more even helped her to sleep better.  I opened up the window in our bedroom and hers once we were up to let everything air out and even had the back door open.  It almost hit 60 which was pretty awesome.  Then once the fog in my mind cleared...I realized how awful my house was.  It took me an hour just to clean the kitchen which our friend claimed he cleaned (though I'm sure he did...). After that I moved on to the bathroom and all I have to say is men can't aim worth shit. From there the living room (hadn't been dusted or vacuumed the entire time I was gone) and then finally Monkey's room.  I decided to leave our room for another day.  Two and a half hours of cleaning and Monkey was awake for all of it, though she did take about a 10 minute break for some smoothie/milk before chasing the vacuum cleaner and terrified dogs all over the house.  It was amusing, she was even nice enough to follow me around with the cord so I didn't have to carry it.  All in all it wasn't too bad of a day.  Now all I need is to make out a grocery list for tomorrow (stupid commissary is closed on Mondays) and then go to bed early again for some more good sleep.  I'm fairly certain I have to get up at 3am tomorrow to take husband to work.  Oh the joys of being an army wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment