Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Phantom Babies, a sick momma, and a husbands lack of cleaning duties.

So my husband has jinxed me.  While we were laying in bed Friday night (the night before I started to come down with something) he says to me "You know I always thought the Army made my immune systems strong.  I'd start to get sick and then BAM my Army made immune system would kick in and fight it off so I'd only be sick for a day or two.  But you, you never get sick.  Any time Monkey gets sick, you're the one who is with her all day taking care of her, but you never come down with anything!"  I laughed thinking that was mostly true and then replied "But you're wrong.  Before we left for my parents she got a really bad cold and gave it to me remember?"  He just kind of shrugged it off.  Well here I am four days later sick as could be.  My head hurts, my ears hurt, my jaw hurts, and I can barely breath.  I also wanted to vomit this morning, but thankfully didn't. 

Yesterday I noticed the kitchen was looking...well...like a tornado had come flying threw it.  I asked the husband to empty out the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen.  Well he empty the dishwasher and that was it.  He didn't even put his dirty dishes into the dishwasher afterward.  I mean there I was, banned to the couch, unable to even clean up the mess that Monkey had made in the living room, and he just kind of checks out on becoming Mr. Mommy.  Ugh, well he's a man and I guess that wont ever change.

Now I'm sure you may be wondering why is says Phantom Babies up top.  Well first off I dislike the word fetus.  It just sounds cold.  Secondly I was having Phantom Baby kicks yesterday, to the point of actually feeling them with my hand, very faintly.  I've gotten these before, but they usually only last for 2-3 "kicks" and then go away.  I always thought they were spasms, but yesterday was something different.  I put heat on my lower belly because I was having some cramps and the "kicking" went off the wall.  I told my husband to go and get the fetal heart rate monitor so I could hear if there was anything going on in there.  Of course the heart rate monitor wasn't working. So I decided to put my hand there for a little while to see if I could feel it.  Sure enough I could feel a tiny little nudge.  Really freaked me out.  However, I have not missed a period, and I happened to of take a pregnancy test Friday morning and it was negative.  The "kicks" didn't hurt so I was fairly certain it was not gas and though a few people on a forum I am apart of suggested giving the doctor a call, I have decided to wait a few days to see if these "kicks" continue with the intensity of yesterday.  It lasted for about an hour and half before finally stopping all together.  It started up again for about an hour around 9-9:30 last night, but wasn't quite as consistent.  Even as I type this I've had a few of them.  I am tempted to lift my shirt and see if I can see anything giving me a little nudge.  I think I might pee myself if I did.  Don't get me wrong husband and I want another baby.  We are actually planning on trying for another one in June/July once we're all situated at the base.  Since it took so long to get pregnant with Monkey and we want them close together we're gonna start just after shes one.  Anyways so being pregnant isn't a bad thing, but since I have been having what I believe is my period is makes me worry that if I am something may be wrong.  But I don't believe that I am pregnant.  Watch I'll end up being one of those women who "Didn't Know She was Pregnant" and have a toilet baby.  Anyways I'll give it a few days and if it keeps up perhaps a call to the doctor.

On to the task of preparing to move.  We just gave housing notice today.  So crazy to think we are about to being leaving New York.  I still have a few things to get to organize all of the old baby clothes/items that wont be driving with us.  I also have things to go threw in the junk closet.  We've already decided to leave behind the old book shelf and just get a new one when we get there, though I do back and forth with it.  There are a lot of old kitchen wear things that I need to ditch and I still have to get a charger/car charger for the portable DVD player.  I'm very glad to have a small 11 month old too.  We wont have to get her another car seat before we move which will save us some money.  I plan on getting her a new one in August along with a potty.  Yup that's right a potty.  We're starting to potty train in August/September and still plan to switch over to cloth diapers in June once we are moved.  I don't want to throw too many new things at her.  Anyways, I'm excited for the move, but of course dreading the drive.  Two dogs and a by then 1 year old will make for an interesting two days. 

Well I guess that's it for now.  Boom Boom Thunder Puddles OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment