Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flip flops, shorts, and tanks goodbye, hello you ugle boots.

Well today was a wonderful day (which has yet to end).  The sun is out, the temp is hanging around at 70ish and my sweet Monkey is in shorts, short sleeves and no socks or shoes.  I am enjoying the tank tops and flip flops, but as we all know, all good things must come to an end...a bitter, cold, snowy end.  WHY????  Tell me, why does Fort Drum have to have snow?  This morning while I was still snoozing away with nothing but a sheet covering me, snow was falling in Nothern New York.  I do not know if it has stuck, but with my luck I'm sure its about an inch on the groud.  One day soon we will be back in the sunny weather...but I fear it will not be soon enough for Monkey and I.  So I must sadly say goodbye to my black old navy flip flops, and hello to my black ugle winter boots.

Now it has occured to me earlier today that I have yet to delete someone from my facebook.  I should have done it months ago (around the time Monkey was hitting 4 months) but I didnt.  I should have deleted the number from my phone, and blocked it from calling me.  I should have done the same with my husbands.  I suppose I was just hoping it wouldn't have to come to this again.  I've already had to do it once before and was glad to.  As much as I hate to lose a friend I dont want to be friends with someone who insists upon drunken text messages with too much honestly.  And to be honest this persons thoughts on certian things in life have driven me beyond insane.  You hate to be controled by the man yet you expect the man to hand everything to you.  Ugh.  Anyways so as I was sitting here scrolling through the updates I again see his face and think "Man, I sure hope my husband punches him in the face."  Funny thing though I still didnt delete him. 

Now something I considered posting yesterday when it happened, but I was in a mood and really wanted to say something but could never get the words right (what a great writer I am, though I suppose one day it'll just explode onto paper).  So as my mother and I were leaving Wal Mart a voice yells from behind us "Hey do you pretty ladies need a stalker?"  Of course I turn around and who is it?  STALKER!  He was a guy I went to high school with and I always called him my stalker because he would show up everywhere I was.  I was insanly thrilled to see him.  He told me he no longer worked at Hastings (a place that use to be skater central) and that he was now woking here.  I laughed and told him I was wondering about that.  I then said "hey look I'm no longer pregnant and pointed at my daughter"  He told me he never even noticed when I was.  Then as we are loading up the car he walks by with a guy he is training and says "Hey dumbass here wanted me to tell you that you're looking good for someone who has just had a baby" It made my day. 

Goodbye flip flops and hello boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment