Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cloth diapers here we come.

So we finally made it to my parents house.  What a long trip it was, but at least we all made it in one piece and fairly happy.  Monkey slept almost the whole time which was wonderful and even slept at night.  Her routine it a little messed up (shes been waking up a little too early and napping a little too early too) and she is most certainly in her terrible twos stage.  Now I'm sure your a little confused about that last statement, but I have recently read that the terrible twos are not when they hit two, but more in the second year of life.  She enjoys throwing temper tantrums (hard to believe I know) when getting something taken away from her.  But we have found a good ol fashioned time out works pretty well. She is more prone to them when getting tired too.  Anyways we were pretty lucky to avoid flooding, though we saw plenty of it.  The girls did good on the ride with Sid sleeping in my lap the whole time and Samantha sleeping in the back next to Monkey's car seat.  Samantha has refused to eat since getting to my parents, but I dont think she'll starve herself, so its just a waiting game at this point.

So today I finally ordered the cloth inserts for the G diapers.  My sister is picking up the Little G Pants from babiesrus because its cheaper then online and she should be bringing them to my parents on Thursday, the same day our shipment arrives!  Super excited to get this new experience going.  It will be nice not to worry about diapers anymore.  I just need to find something to put the dirty ones in until its time to wash.  I think thats my only problem at the moment.

As for our housing situation, we still dont have a house on post and so I have decided to stay with my parents until we do.  My mother can drive Gracie and I down when we get a house and even if she is unable, I know husband can come and get us.  He isnt too thrilled about the idea of us not going with him, but I have to think about whats best for Monkey and right now its having her in a stable environment.  Living in a one room hotel for an unknown amount of weeks isnt a good life for a baby and neither is inconveniencing our friends with a newborn.  As much as I hate being away from my husband, its for the best until we have a house.

Well I guess Ill be getting off.  Just thought I would give a little update to everyone.  Monkey is napping as well as my mother and the girls, and I am thinking about joining them.

No comments:

Post a Comment