Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Movers suck and life with a 1 year old.

So its been a busy few days.  The weeks have just flown by and well I dont think I'm ready for whats coming and has past.  Monkey turned one yesterday (she was pretty excited about it) and her party on Sunday was wonderful.  Her cupcakes turned out great, though I forgot to take a picture of them, the food was wonderful of course, and she got a pretty good haul of toys as well as a few outfits.  She didnt really know what to do with her cupcake when we sat it down in front of her, but after I cut it up some, she tried it out.  She also shared with the girls who loved it.  After everyone left Uncle Newman and Moomoo played her some music and then we called it an early night with bedtime being 30 minutes early.  I ended the night with Aunt Flo finally showing up and the guys deciding to be jerks.  All in all though good day.

Yesterday around noon I realized the movers where coming today which meant I had to clean the carpets, which I did, along with loads of laundry and dishes.  I packed up our bags and now I am sitting here waiting on these freaking movers who have yet to show.  Some time between 8am and 5pm they are suppose to appear.  What the crap?  We had plans for tonight, but I've already decided if they dont get here til 5 then I'll just stay home and let the boys take Monkey.  I will be VERY pissed and I expect to have an Apollo Burger brought home to me.  Grrr.

I think the next few months shall be interesting.  We're moving to a new place, getting a new apartment, and just starting a new life.  Monkey is already starting to show signs of being ready for potty training (though we still plan on switching to cloth diapers just to save some money on diapers and pull ups) and we plan on trying for another baby soon.  Monkey is so smart and it just seems like instead of being one she already turned two.  Its just crazy how much she can do and say.  I'm ready for another baby and for the wonderful big sister Monkey will be.  But I dont think I'm ready for Monkey to keep going on this super baby path.  I love my little Monkey, but I want her to be little for just a bit longer.  Life with a one year shall be wonderful and full of laughs, love, and I'm sure plenty of tears, nos and uh ohs, but either way it will all be exciting and new and very very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment