Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's been awhile.

So its been a few days since Ive posted anything.  Been kind of busy and in a funk.  So I guess I'll just do a recap on the things that have been cruising on around here.

Monkey got a diaper rash and it was bad enough that A&D just wasnt cutting it.  Apparently the new LUVS that are suppose insure no blow out happen are really hard on her poor little booty (and suck for blow out standards, I just love waking up to a baby covered in poo and a crib too).  Anyways took us a few days to get it to clear up (thank you butt paste).  She seemed fairly happy to get to run around nude for every diaper change and after bath time.  She was so happy in fact she started taking off her diaper yet again and made it impossible not to have a buttoned onsie or shorts on her.  Even though its gone now, she decided to escape from daddy tonight and take off down the hallway naked.  She came into the living room with Uncle Newman and I and started dancing to the music that was playing on her little kid show.  Probably the most cutest thing this kid has done thus far, though I may take that back since earlier I asked her if she wanted to watch Micky and her jaw dropped.  That was pretty cute too.  She kept looking at the TV waiting then back at me with her mouth wide open super happy.  She then sat down in my lap and watched it after dancing to the opening song.  That kid is way too cute.  She also learned what sound a snake makes.  You can ask her and she goes "ssss  ssss".  I think it pretty much rocks.  We also went to the pool today and she tried to dog paddle on her own.  Daddy was having some issues keeping her mouth out of the water too because she wanted to dunk herself, which was also pretty freaking cute.  She attempted to play ball with Sammy today and kept saying "ball" then throwing it at Sammy to catch.  Samantha however kept dodging it.  It amused me for a few minutes before I went back to watching (and tasting) the dinner Uncle Newman was making.  She also wore her "flippy floopys" today and looked so freaking cute I think everyone in the entire Gym as well as Wal Mart wanted to kidnap her.  Good thing mommy didnt leave her unattended while daddy and Uncle Newman played with toys claiming to "look" for her birthday present.  Which I found a few options that I would like to get her, and Uncle Newman brought Elmo over and she feel in love (what is it about that creepy red bastard?).

So husband has been "shaming" all week long.  He has almost all of his clearing down and just stayed home with us, which would have been nice had he not woken up the baby almost every morning and cleaned up after himself.  And of course Uncle Newman has been over every day which has been nice to spend some time with him before we leave.  So not only did I have a baby to clean up after, but I had two grown men I had to clean up after as well (I stepped in urine last night, these boys really need to learn how to aim I HUGELY dislike a mans toilet).  But it was still nice to have him around.  They went and got the TV from his room just so they could play the same game on two different TVs.  I didnt think it would go over well, but so far Monkey has yet to knock the one on her level over so I guess thats good.

As for Monkey's afghan, Ive yet to finish it.  I have one ball of yarn left before the afghan itself is finished, then I need to make the boarder and pocket.  I dont know why I cant seem to just finish it already, but for some reason this last ball is taking me the longest.  It is becoming VERY annoying.  Its not even that I dont want to do it, I just never seem to have time to do it.  By the time I have free time, I just want to go and take a nap.  Grrr.

OK so random moment in the life.  We were in Wal Mart today and the "Adam Alert" came on.  A little 6 year old boy somehow got lost.  So I got separated from the boys as they were looking at cards and I was on a hunt for some bbqing things.  Well I saw this little boy (I say little, he looked like he was 8) and he was under a cart that had a purse in it and was making it move by using his hands.  Anyways, he was wearing a red shirt and khaki shorts, just like the little boy who was missing, but his hair was blond not reddish blond (zero red in this kids hair).  And at first I looked for his mother, but then saw the purse and was like oh his mom is around.  Well as I walked away I realized there was no woman around him.  People looked at him and kept moving on assuming the same thing that I did, so I decided to go back and ask him where his momma was.  Well I went back and I wasnt even gone for a minute and he was gone.  I looked around in all the surrounding aisles and no little boy.  I think it might have been him and it really bothered me I didnt just go and ask him where his momma was or at least stuck around long enough to see if anyone was going to get him.  Anyways, we left and I still hadnt heard the "Cancel Adam Alert".  Something similar to this happened when I was pregnant and I did the same thing then that I did today.  My mother and I saw this little girl (no one was looking for her at this point) and she was probably 3.  She looked like she was ready to cry and as I was walking up to her so did this other woman and her husband and I said "oh shes yours" and they said "no we thought she was yours" and I said no.  So the woman tried to talk to her and ask her where her momma was and she just wanted to cry.  Finally someone who worked at Wal Mart came up to her (though none of us left this little girl) and kept trying to get her to talk.  After about 5 minutes of all of us trying to find where she belonged a very angry and annoyed little boy (about 6) came up to her and grabbed her hand and dragged her off to their momma who never even knew she was missing.  I wanted to bawl at the thought of that little girl (and as I was rushing back to where that little boy had been) being lost.  I looked at my kid and thought how could anyone not pay attention to their child?  Monkey is always in the cart with me or I have a hold of her hand.  I dont let that little Monkey out of my sight and I never will.  I see so many young kids (and I do mean young) running around our neighborhood with no parents outside.  They leave the 3 year old in the incapable hands of their 7 or 8 year old sibling.  That older sibling is doing what ever they feel like doing while the baby is left running out into the middle of the road.  Drives me nuts and I swear if I see it one more time there is going to be a momma who gets an ass chewing from me.  Not only is it dangerous due to cars, but you dont know who lives in the house next to you.  Even if you do have friendly chit chat doesnt mean they wont take your kid.  Just because we live on a military base does not mean people are safe.  I plan on letting my daughter run around outside, but only if I am there with her.

Welp I think that is it for the night.  I feel like trying to get in a little crocheting then heading on to bed.  Tomorrow is Mothers day, so to all you Mothers, have a very happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment