Wednesday, March 12, 2014

That Terrifying Sound

Before we get down to it let me first apologize for the many errors of my last post.  Our laptop is still currently being fixed so I am writing all this on the iPad which hates me and loves to try and think for me.  I will ask that you hang with me until the old computer is back on my desk.  I type so much better with my fingers not thumbs.

As a mother there are many sounds you will hear coming from your little ones, but there is one sound no mother ever wants to hear.  It is a sound so horrifying that you feel it's power in your core.  I have heard this sound only a few times in my motherhood and it still scares me to death.  Recently I was in Sir E's room nursing him as I always do in his room while B was taking a shower.  I'm not sure we're Lady G was but she was occupied and unaware of the horror that was to happen to her sister in the next few minutes.  I was enjoying myself gazing at my gorgeous son when Lady L comes in freaking out about her shirt being wet.  I told her to just wait and I'd change her.  Well as common with Lady L she didn't listen.  She comes back naked.  I told her to go put her clothes on.  A few minutes pass and I have already forgotten about my naked two year old when I hear it.  That horrifying scream of momma.  It's high pitched, pain induced, wailing of a scream.  You can hear the sheer terror in the voice.  Then it becomes loaded with panic.  It's Lady L.  She is only in the next room but I felt as if she were miles away down an elevator shaft I could not Spider-Man my way down.  As gently as I can muster I lay Sir E down in his bed before making a mad dash to the bedroom.  I find Lady L with her arm caught in an unnatural position in the dresser drawer.  She is clawing at it trying to free it.  I pull the drawer, it releases its death grip and her arm hangs limp.  She is rushed to B.  He inspects it briefly before telling me to hang on while he gets out of the shower.  I rock Lady L and she calms.  The arm is not broken but appeared to be badly bruised (until the next day when it was fine).

A few days later I am again in Sir E's room changing a diaper.  This time the sound comes from the living room.  It's the sound of an ax murder killing my child scream.  Even the dog rushed out of the room hair raised ready to kick ass.  It was a spider.  A spider I killed in cold blood with a deadly slipper for causing me to have a heart attack at the ripe old age of 24.

Today the scream comes.  This time it is death by lent who was mistaken for a spider on her foot.  I am so glad Lady G no longer screams like this...be calm my dear heart, despite the noise coming from that child's mouth she is not dieing and most likely has not broken some thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment