Friday, March 21, 2014

Fallin Off the Wagon

So I started a 30 day work out plan but stopped it when I got the stomach bug last week.  I should have started it back up on Tuesday, but I didn't and now my 14 year old sister in law is coming to visit for Spring Break and there is no way I am jumping up and down in front of her at 6am in the morning.  I was planning on just getting up and taking the Old Dog for a run this morning.  She needs the exercise and 6am in this neighborhood is the only time no one is up, but of course Sir E was on night 2 of no sleeping.  He slept through the night two days in a row and is now waking up at midnight and nursing, tossing, nursing, tossing, until about 6 am when he wants to be up.  Its very tiring and I don't for see myself being able to run after being up all night.  I am hoping this is just some random growth spurt and he will even back out soon.  Anyways I am going to try with all my might to do something while she is here.  I am thinking Ill have to peruse my pinterest and go from there.  I can run on the days B works, so Ill have three days of no cardio I guess, unless I feel like doing some.  As for eating healthy we stick to Paleo.  Thanks to dairy and gluten allergies for Lady L and I we eat strict Paleo most of the time, however when B brings home Shipley's Donuts you pretty much have no choice but to eat those suckers.  I found after doing a Whole30 and sticking with being a stricter Paleo that most junk food tasted horrible.  I couldn't stand Mc Donalds to begin with but now even the smell makes me gag.  This goes for just about everything else out there too.  Shipley's though...they are doing something different with there stuff because man was I a fat kid in a candy store and usually as long as I'm not starving, I have self control.  It has taken some time, and many of slip ups but I am slowly mastering self control, this morning however I would be called a liar.  Those were some damn good donuts and I will take the headache, stomach ache, and cranky toddler, who usually doesn't like sweet things or breaded things but ate the hell out of her sprinkled covered donuts.  That's right she had more than one.  I will say though that sugar doesn't seem to effect her like it does her sister.  When you give Lady L a donut, she gets an attitude and cranky because her stomach hurts from the gluten and dairy.  She will get constipated (or the opposite) and just not feel well, which is why she doesn't get those kinds of things very often.  By keeping them mostly out of her diet, they don't seem to bother her as Beverly as they would if she had them every day.  Lady G however gets the absolute worst attitude in the world if she has refined sugar.  And sadly every day at school she gets sugar.  I tried my best not to laugh in the face of her teacher when she tried to tell me that the gummy treats she gives them for taking a nap is good for them.  It has dyes in it, sugar in it, and zero ORGANIC ingredients.  NATURAL does not mean healthy.  FROM CONCENTRATE does not mean healthy.  ORGANIC means no added hormones, no msgs, no antibiotics, no pesticides,  ect ect.  Thankfully she will not be giving them to Lady G anymore.  Anyways I have been trying to figure out what has been Gracie's problem lately.  She seems to always be in a bad mood, she isnt listening, shes been making bad choices and its really just started this week.  This is her second week at the new school, before then she was home with me and the little ones.  She ate bacon, eggs, sausage, or mommy approved cereal, she had almond milk, water, truly organic juice, no bread, meat and veggies, and fruit for a snack or dessert.  At school she gets milk, sugary cereal, bread, and artificially flavored juice. Everything she eats at school are things we have completely cut out of our diets.  B asked me today why we cant make her breakfast and lunch for school.  I think that's a good question, they explained it to me once before, but I cant remember now.  Even if I had a doctor sign off on her not being allowed to eat all this stuff, there would be no way the school could proved an alternative.  I'm thinking that once B starts school and as he keeps getting these mini raised I may look into private school.  It may be too expensive and if so I might just pull her out and put her in a dance class.  We only have her go to school at this age for the social interaction.  Home Schooling wouldn't be too difficult since that's basically what I was doing before she was old enough for school.  Either way all this extra sugar is making this kid go crazy.  You can just see shes in a cranky mood.  Thankfully Monday is the start of Spring Break, which means she will be home for a whole week eating correctly.  Yay.  I think today I shall do the meal planning, tomorrow and Sunday can be Lady G's detox days, and after that it should be smoothe sailing. 

Well this is usually where my rant of the day comes in, but I actually do not have one today so I will end with a short funny text message story.  My good dear friend and I were having a conversation and I cant even remember what I said anymore but her response was that she misses me so much and needs to figure out how to get to me asap.  She then says WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???  My response?  We are probably soul mates but not in the I wanna scissor you manor.  Yup Best Friends right there.  Good day All and I am not proofing reading this so good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment