Thursday, November 6, 2014

Work Work, Work It Out

First off it occurred to me today while I was getting house work done that I should do a blog series on cleaning and organizing.  I think people seem to think that I am perfect (or think I think I'm perfect) which is so far from the truth.  I think opening up my house so to speak for the "world" to see could be a good thing.  I also have been on an organizing binge which is partly caused by my awesome diet (seriously you clean up your diet and you find you want to clean up other aspects of your life too), the other part is due to our small house.  If we let it get too cluttered its like being on top of each other and it sucks.  I'll go into all this some more either tomorrow or next week.  Heading to my parents house tomorrow afternoon and I may not being to get a post up. 

This was taken yesterday.  The bathroom was a wreck (floor wise anyways), B was in the shower behind me, and I was in a hurry to get Lady G, but I took a moment to snap this picture.  It was rainy yesterday so my hair looks a mess, but I felt awesome.  Do you want to know why?

Thats why!  Look at that GAP!  My pants dont stay up well, however if I can get them pulled up to my belly button and wear my boots, they sorta stay in place.  Now take a look at my belly.  Isn't that lovely.  I have lots of stretch marks which at some point you guys will get to see full force.  I have some before photos will be posted at the end of this month or the end of next.  These pants are a size 16 and the stretch kind.  When I bought them back in March maybe, but they were a little tight, so this is a huge win for me.


Like I said Work It Out!  I bought these back in March (maybe?) too.  I didnt fit into them like this.  In fact I looked much much worse.  I even had to tie them today!  I did a light work out this morning and its a good thing I didnt do a full force work out.  Oh my gosh, my legs felt weak and shaky, in fact my whole body felt that way.  I was STARVING when I woke up.  I havent been listening to my body very well and am suffering for it.  I needed fat yesterday and this morning trying to work out I felt the lack of it in my system.  I did break a very small sweat, but over all didnt really feel the work out like I would have had I done a harder one.  Tomorrow Im going to give it all Ive got.  Hopefully I wont feel so weak during it.  For anyone who wants to throw in the excuse of "I dont have a gym/cant afford it" or "my kids get in the way", thats crap.  I get up an hour before my kids.  I also go to bed an hour after my kids (two hours after Sir E).  I dont use a gym.  There are TONS of workout videos you can do at home as well as a TON of online ones too.  And when the Ladies do interrupt, I let them joy in!  Lady L came into the living room as I was finishing.  She had just woken up, looked at me stretching and said "Phew, that was a great work out mamma."  I often let her join in on yoga with me (when I do it which hasnt been a lot lately).  She likes to do her version of a pushup/jumping jacks too.  She gets in some exercise as well as some momma time, and I can get my work out done.  As for weights, I use 3 lb weights, they aren't expensive and get the job done (I'm not trying to be a weight lifter here).  You dont need super heavy weights just starting out.  Now once I get to my desired weight, then I might up the weights, but for now they work and they weren't expensive at all.  We have hard floors, so B and I did invest in some nice yoga mats, but again that's not needed.  If you have carpet you're golden otherwise you can use a towel or blanket.  Excuses are not an option.  If you want to change you have to make yourself do it.

My last picture.  These are a 16 wide.  They seriously fall of me.  I have no idea how I even keep them on.  This is part of the reason I eat the way I do and part of the reason I work on my body.  My body is a never ending project.  It will never be perfect (see that belly?) but it will be healthy and in shape because I am determined.  I also need new underwear, because well they just kind of fall off too.  I can also for see a need to get my ring resized in the next few months... 

Now if you all will excuse me I have a fussy baby who has two teeth coming in, refusing a nap, and I still need to shower for the day.  Yea thats gross.






No comments:

Post a Comment