Thursday, November 13, 2014

Recipes, Hoarding, Oh My.

So B has had the computer since Tuesday.  He had a ton of homework to do, he also stole it from me this morning and took it to school, so we are just going to make this post be an all in one type of thing.  First up RECIPES!

I have made this pumpkin roll recipe 3 times now.  It is amazing.  I craved pumpkin like a mad animal when I was pregnant with Sir E.  I HATE (hated) pumpkin.  My sister brought a pumpkin roll to my moms and my gosh I was hooked.  So this year I decided to make my own.  Of course you know it had to be Paleo.  This recipe is grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.  I dont actually follow the recipe to the exact because I have been out of coconut flour!  I used Bob's RedMill Gluten free flour.  I have to say I love that man and his company.  I also did not make it dairy free.  There are two options for making the filling and I didnt have any organic coconut milk.  If you are going to make the coconut filling make sure you get organic, the fat content is so much better.  Here are a few fun pictures of the cooking process!

 After its all mixed together this is pretty much how it looks spread out.  I wished that I had a picture when first making because I had no idea what I was doing so here you go!
 My little cooking buddy!  Sir E making a mess.
 This is how it looks after its been cooked, rolled, and chilled.  You will notice some cracks, thats ok.
 This is whipped.  Some people have no idea what whipped looks like.  To help out a little let your butter and cream cheese (if using that version) sit out to soften.
Now its all ready to be re-rolled!

I dont have a picture of the end product, but you can enjoy a picture of Sir E chowing down.  Boy loves his pumpkin!


Here's Lady L admiring her lunch.  She had to eat everything else first before she could have the pumpkin roll.

Recipe here:
http://www.primallyinspired.com/no-grains-no-dairy-no-refined-sugar-pumpkin-roll/
Next up is tonights dinner.  We had Grain Free Nacho Pie.  Sounds different right?  It does contain dairy which we typically keep out, but this recipe is made with cauliflower which needs help flavor wise, so I went for it.  It was really good.
 Cauliflower rice.  It should be about the same constancy as rice, hence the name cauli-rice.
 I make my own taco seasoning.  Much more healthier for you and I can cut out the middle man.  You should have all these spices in your kitchen and if not well its time to add some spice to your life!

1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
I got it from the dailymom.com, I recommend you check her out!  I also leave out the red pepper flakes and only do a teaspoon of the cumin, dulls down the spice a little.  B isnt a huge fan of spice.  Mix it up and add 2/3 cups of water!  I mixed mine with the water this time around.

You add the meat then the cauliflower mixture.

 And this is the end result.  We topped it is salsa, black olives and avocados.  B also had sour cream on his and extra cheese.
Recipe Here:
http://beautyandthefoodie.com/grain-free-nacho-pot-pie/

Now as of late I have been watching a lot of Hoarders in the morning time.  It always puts me in a cleaning mood, in fact if you lose your motivation watch that show.  Anyways, that show as well as a lot of photos I have been looking at as of late has cause me to think that maybe its time we talk about cleaning your freaking house!  Come on people!  Now I know not everyone has time to keep a tidy house so for all you working families, just skip this rant.  In fact go put your feet up, turn on the DVR get caught up on your shows and come back in like 5 minutes.  For the rest of you (yes I am calling out stay at home parents here) what the crap is wrong with you?  I can see a pile of freaking trash right behind your child which is suppose to be the main focus!  And its not like the photo is captioned "Cleaning up this nasty house and kiddo is proud to help" No, its captioned "First day of school!" or "Growing up so fast!".  I can see freaking trash!  I can see a clear pile of crap just sitting there and whats worse is I can also see its not in just this one freaking area!  I can see into your kitchen!  No way do you not have roaches!  And dont give me this bull crap of "my house is lived in" or "Im too busy enjoying my family to clean", no your too lazy or you just dont give a flying flip and want to live in filth.  Unless I have been sick or carrying for sick kiddos, there is not a time of day, week, month, or year that you could not come by my house.  Why?  Because its always clean.  Aside from the bathroom, 4 potty trained people with one bathroom...we are lucky I still clean it...since its only me who cleans it.  You have one bathroom you share with others, I get it, you get a small get out of jail free card, and here is why its small.  Does it look like maybe its getting time to scrub the toliet or like you havent touched it...ever.  Same goes for the sink and the tub.  I wont lie, my tub has me looking like the worlds biggest hypocrite right now.  There appears to be a brown ring around the bottom, but Lady G had to have an oatmeal bath tonight for her dry skin, so its from the oatmeal.  Tomorrow while Sir E is napping, I will head in there and start scrubbing.  Do you know how many people wouldnt even bother?  Gross, just freaking gross.  Take pride in your home!  Clean it!  Im not saying dust it daily, hell I dont even dust daily, but I do weekly (though you couldnt tell damn swiffer duster just isnt cutting it...), sweep your floors, mop every once in a while, and clean up your freaking junk!  And just to show you that I can put my money were my mouth is I did a little before and after work and am still doing some work.  There are some places in our home that becomes cluttered easily or that has been junked up since I unpacked.  Mainly closets and I have been working on them slowly. 

This is our closet.  See how easy it is to just throw stuff on the floor?  It looks horrible and is a very easy fix.  Now if you have a husband, you will find he likes to make his own hamper, the bedroom floor, right in front of the hamper, the bathroom floor, occasionally the living room floor, pretty much any spot he takes it off, it stays.

Look how freaking easy that was.  The belts I dont like, but we dont have the room for them to hang so there ya go.  But still it looks so much better and all I did was put the dirty clothes in the hamper.  Aside from laundry day your floor should be clear of clothes.  Teach your husband or nag him til he caves ladies.

 Please note that I allowed things to get like this for the purpose of this blog.  The picture above is of the vanity in our room.  It holds the printer and the junk mail waiting to be shredded.  Now thanks to Sir E the mail I had sitting on top of the shredder is now all over the floor...Thanks son.  This vanity does get junked up pretty easy, but over several weeks and I try to clean it off weekly to prevent this.
 This called an I Love Me box.  It holds all of our important documents and again thanks to Sir looks like this.  Also note the messy dresser.  That is an incredibly easy fix.  Proper folding and always closing the draws can make a huge clutter difference.
 Here is the after.  Sir E was making his kind of music with the pen.  Also note the shredded paper on the floor, he kept pulling the shredder down.  Its actually still like that.  Our vacuum and I arent seeing eye to eye right now.  It likes to make this screaming sound when I turn it on...
Here is the after of the box.  Note the dresser too.


 This is kind of how our bathroom usually looks.  The brushes and straightener are put up, but the wash clothes are usually there for dirty faces and hands (they get changed out daily) and its a little unorganized, nothing horrible.


 This thing was a nightmare.  

 But after some worked is now organized.

 Of course after fixing one mess I created another.
 That is much better.

 This was Sir E's dresser.  It doesnt get that badly cluttered, but for the purpose of this blog it did. 
 This is about how it usually looks, maybe with some clean clothes that have yet to be put away if I folded clothes during nap time.
This is also how we store clothe diapers to keep the clutter down.  I will be doing a post on cloth pretty soon.

Now all that cleaning took me about 2 and half ours total.  I did do it with an 11 month old "helping" and while caring for a 2 year old who loves to come and ask question or tell stories that have me wondering if her father may have dropped her and never told me...anyways,  it can be done.  It can be done easier during nap time, but it can be done.  I will be adding pictures here and there as I clean up others areas of the house to show you guys.  Cleaning is so important, please clean up your crappy house or start taking picture outside because I swear if I see one more filthy house I'm going to mail you cleaning products at random until you get the hint.








No comments:

Post a Comment