Monday, September 22, 2014

My Kids Eat Primal

So after dropping Lady G off at school this morning I returned home with Lady L and Sir E.  They were as always ready for breakfast.  I had to pump for Sir E before I could get started.  Sir E enjoyed a leisurely stroll about the house in his walker as he often does in the morning (or any time Lady G is not here to grab him while I am busy).  Once the pumping was done I jumped into cook now before Lady L dies of starvation.  She begged me for cereal (something that I allowed back into our household for a short while.  It was a big adjustment with sissy heading back to school).  I told her I was making bacon and with wide eyes and said "Bacon?  I love Bacon.  That's my favorite."  Seriously this kid is freaking adorable at times.  She is 2 and knows bacon is boss.  Before I jump into what is on her plate, let me start off by killing your "bacon is bad" spill.  Bacon is not bad.  Uncurred, nitrate free, no nitrate added bacon is not bad.  And if you can add sugar free to that list you are golden.  Now if the bacon in your fridge is not at the least uncurred and nitrate free/no added, then throw that out right now.  RIGHT NOW.  DO IT.  Thank you.  Go get the good kind.  Even walmart carries a brand that is good.  You can do it.  Love bacon?  Want to eat bacon?  Want to cook with bacon grease?  Do as I said.

Anyways, moving on.  Back to Lady L and her awesome plate.  Two slices of bacon, one egg scrambled with coconut milk for added fat, home fries (potatoes cooked with olive oil, not deep fried in, just coat the bottom of the pan), aspeargus, and kale.  She had a side of almond milk to go with it.  Do you want to know the most unhealthy thing in that picture?  The Almond milk.  Though organic it is chalked full of sugar.  Organic sugar is still sugar to out bodies, which is why I have decided to try out homemade almond milk recipe I have sitting on my pinterest.    But this was my 2 year olds breakfast.  And this isn't how she eats usually.  Kid loves oatmeal, but sadly the gluten free organic oatmeal comes in a small bag and we go through it quickly.  She also loves pancakes and though I use the organic mix, it still has added sugar and is costly for a small bag.  We are switching over to a healthy breakfast once and for all.  Do you want to know how well she handled it?

Pretty well.  She wasnt a fan of the kale, which was heading down south if ya get what I meant, I even struggled with it.  The aspeargus was a battle too, but once I got her to take a bite of it with her eggs, she got over the new taste.  All in all I think it went pretty well.  My kids are use to eating veggies, but they stick with their favorites, so today was something new and she enjoyed it.  I know whats good for my kids and I do everything I can to ensure they get it.  I did just make some amazing gluten free chocolate chip cookies, but they arent super healthy, they still contain the sugar.  I just happened to have some chocolate chips hanging around that I needed to get rid of.  For months I have struggled with eating healthy.  Im a stress eater.  I've also been watching my husbands weight go up and down.  Now that money is finally about to be a none issue, I'm ready to get us back to good health.  I had lost 10 pounds and have since gained, 5 of them back.  I am saying no more.  When I eat right, Sir E is a whole new person.  When the Ladies eat right, they get along better, sleep better, and have wonderful attitudes.  I want that back.  So to keep up with the healthy eating we are having fajitas burgers tonight!  Ive actually made them before and today is a perfect day for grilling.  Now if you will excuse me their is a stinky butt calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment