Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ants are the devil and other lovely things.

It is offical.  I hate ants.  They have over taken my mother and fathers (aka Grandma and Grandad) kitchen as well as their bathroom.  After emptying the dishwasher that had been overrun by them on Monday, I began the long and annoying process of attacking the ones on the counter.  I am fairly certain I killed over 20 of them.  It made me feel wonderful until I went to the bathroom...there was one on my pants.  Crawling all over me the little bastarded...he had no idea what was coming to him.  The day before my mother found them in the open area of the pipes on the bathtub (remodeling has been going on for well over 3 years now) and decided enough was enough.  So she sprayed them with wonderful fumes that thankfully did not fill up the house, just her bedroom.  I am fairly certain monkey and I got a contact high last night during her bath time.  Anyways needless to say ants are the devil.

On to "lovely" things.  Still no true word if there will be a pay check in the bank come April 15th.  At some point the goverment will run out of money and guess who gets to suffer the most?  The military.  Yes it has been well proven over the years (and spoken from the wise man that is my father on many a beer drinking/grill season nights) that when a Democrat is in office the military suffers.  Though I use to be either or (go for the one that has the best views on what should happen next) I find that both my father and I are now leaning fully on Republican.  Though both of us has friends who are Democrat its just not the way we seem to be going.  My father will however inform you that he voted for Clinton and it was then that he decided to never do it again.  I barely remember much about that era but anyways back to my point.  Someones being a little picky on this whole budget issue and honestly I think that someone needs to get over it.  Why should the military and their families suffer?  Dont you think they suffer enough by being away from their loved ones for a year at a time, thrown into complete chaos, and missing moments like the birth of their child (my husband being one who sadly missed it by three days)?  They watch their brothers in arms die and yet still get screwed over on the home front.  And if we dont get that pay check how are we to live?  Before you deprive us of living, how about you try to deprive yourself of those unneeded toys.  How about instead of cutting our pay check you cut your own.  Just a thought.

Now one more thing.  A new dog.  My father will be getting a new chocolate lab puppy in about 6 weeks, right around the time that we will be making the long haul back down to Grandad's and Grandma's house to rest before heading to Fort Polk.  Though at first my mom was not looking forward to it, she is now getting a bit excited.  The name is still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment