Sunday, July 3, 2011

This may be a long one.

Ok so first off morning sickness is all day sickness for me.  Ive lost three pounds in less then a week and a half.  It has sucked pretty bad, yet some how I look like I am about 3 months pregnant.  Dealing with the Monkey while being sick with the Mean Bean is a little difficult.  Thankfully we have been at my parents for the FFourth of July weekend so Monkey has been well taken care of and I have been well feed.  And of course with coming to visit my family it means that husbands family insist that we come see them, which we don't since last time husband was over their a small exchange of money and pot happened.  I do not want my child around that.  So we didn't go over there, but I guess they decided to come over to my parents.  I told my husband if they want to come over it had to be now (which at the time was 530) it couldn't be at 8.  Well he told them it couldn't be at 8 and they said it wouldn't be.  I really wish he had said what I told him to because of course they come rolling up minutes before 8.  My father is very tired and already in bed asleep, they ring the door bell making the dogs bark and of course are loud upon entering.  Granted they do not know that my dad is asleep in bed, but still.  They did however bring her a b-day gift (her birthday was May 16th and we were here a few weeks after that).  It was a huge gift too that was not cheap which actually made me mad.  Now you may be thinking that I am ungrateful because this has upset me, well that isn't true.  Its a very nice gift, its a learning toy and has a lot to keep her busy.  I am mad because they did not ask what to get her (honestly she has enough toys) and I am mad because I cant help but to wonder why they got it for her.  They are not the kind of people to give something just to be nice.  I feel like they did it to compete with my parents (who wouldn't get her something this big without first asking or having us suggested it) or they are doing it to buy her love.  They aren't around her a lot and they last time I took her to their house (I just want to make it clear I did not want to and I did not leave her) she cried when they tried to hold her.  She didn't have much interest in them this time (except husband's step sister who she loves) and refused to go to them again.  His dad did get a hold of her and tried to make her laugh by throwing her in the air but she wasn't interested.  I know they want to be involved but because of their choices its just not going to happen.  Again I feel as if they are buying her love.  She knew it was from them since it came in with them and was happy about it.  I think they will probably keep doing this which will really cause a problem.  I know however that my daughter is very smart so I have hope that if it does keep up threw the years that she will be smart enough to realize buying your love is not love.  And that is all for now (don't worry this drama will keep up since they are "suppose" to come see us soon).

So my grandmother is in the early stages of Alzheimer.  I knew she was the last time they tested her and said she wasn't.  I had a feeling she was just above the line.  Well now she has is in the early stages.  It has been hard to understand her for the past few years.  In fact when I came home pregnant with Monkey I literally watch her change in just weeks.  At first she made sense and then slowly gaps formed in her sentences and now...well now you just kind of have to fill in the blanks.  My father is a very good man with no patients. He is older. He has had a hard life, raised three kids, and is still working.  He is a strong man and a proud man.  He doesn't have the time or energy to put into caring for my grandmother.  Though I am not for putting a sane senior in a nursing home, however when their mind begins to wonder away from them and they do not know who you are or even who they are, I think they need to be somewhere that has trained professionals to help them.  Sadly my grandmother needs to be some place like this. She has needed to no longer have a car for some time now, though I know if my father took it away it would make her more dependent and take away her own freedom.  Personally I would have said to hell with her driving the day she told him she had not idea what those lines in the middle of the road where for, but he didn't.  My mother has taken over her finances and has discovered she is not eating yet again.  In a month she only spent 15 dollars at Kroger (a grocery store).  She has been going to Dollar General and getting junk food.  Her doctor just recently told her that she had to start drinking water or else she would die.  This is something my parents have been trying to tell her for weeks.  My mother is on the fence about putting her in a home for two reasons.  One she is worried my father will never go and see her.  He wont have to and she thinks because of that he wont.  Number two is because one of two things happens when you put an elderly person in a home.  They either flourish and health returns or they get depressed and die.  Its a 50 50 and my mother just isn't sure anymore.  My grandmother use to be a very social person, but now its almost as if she refuses to do anything that would put her around people other then family.  So we just don't know.  I have a feeling though the time is soon approaching when they will have to make a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment